Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Beauty of the Particular

Is it silk, crisped into knife edged pleats? The tutu of a hairy-torsoed ballerina?

Is it a loaf of hearty peasant bread, browned in a wood-fired oven and cracking with yeasty exuberance?

Or is it some of our shitakes, revealing their amazing close-up nature?

The beauty of the particular, as revealed by the wonderful little digital camera, always delights me. Details I'd never be able to see, even with my glasses on, leap into life when captured by the camera and lit up on the computer screen.


(As always, mouse over the picture and click for a real close-up.)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Enjoyed the images! It reminds me of a little qoute---"In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary" (Aaron Rose). And I too love my little digital camera! It is a wonderful tool.
Tammy

Vicki Lane said...

Nice quote! I'll have to pass it on to one of my writing students who complains that everything in her life is ordinary.

Pat in east TN said...

I have started taking my digital camera with me everywhere too, especially in my own backyard/woods, and have found a whole new world looking through the lense.

Vicki Lane said...

"a whole new world" -- so true!