Saturday, April 25, 2009

April in Paris





Sophie sent me some pictures taken in the Jardin du Luxembourg, one of Paris's beautiful public parks.













I asked for pictures of the famous chestnut trees.









Here's a little French music to add to the ambiance -- now if only there were wine and cheese and a baguette or two . . .





Hemingway said, "If you are lucky enough to have lived in Paris as a young man, then wherever you go for the rest of your life, it stays with you, for Paris is a moveable feast."


2 comments:

Eleanor said...

I am off to Paris in June on my way to a conference. It is one of my favourite cities and I love the Luxembourg gardens! I received your lovely book on community quilts this week when I returned from my short holiday. I am enjoying it and it has inspired me to make a maple leaf quilt of a particularly nice stash of autumn fabrics. I found a good pattern that is strip pieced and doesn't look to difficult for a novice like me.

Vicki Lane said...

Hi, Eleanor -- June in Paris isn't bad either! I've only been to Paris once and it was in June -- forty years ago traveling with my husband by motorcycle and camping (in the Bois de Boulogne, if I remember correctly.) A wonderful experience!

Maple Leaf is a fine pattern -- so many ways of arranging the blocks and it's pretty easy to piece too. With strip piecing it should go very quickly.

Do post on your blog about it!