Saturday, June 6, 2009

After the Rain
























After a rain, the brimming drops that decorate the leaves and petals in the garden always catch my eye -- whether marching in precise formation along a clematis stem . . . .



. . . dangling from the serrated edge of a coleus leaf . . .

. . . sliding down the furled petals of a Japanese iris . . .



. . . poised precariously at the rose leaf's point or puddled on the iris petal -- a new delight at every turn!

(As always, 'biggify' the pictures by clicking on them for the full effect. Better than bifocals!)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Gorgeous photography!

Photos after the rain, are among my favorites.

AA

Pat in east TN said...

We got a little over 1/2" of rain over two days and everything is greening up and growing ... looking happy!

Vicki Lane said...

Love those raindrops, AA!

Pat, so glad you got some of all this rain!

Kathryn Stripling Byer said...

Vicki, I was raving about your blog yesterday to the folks at City Lights planning this fall's bookfair. I even told Maxine Kumin about it this morning. I hope she'll stop by. I've run out of blogging steam right now.
I'd like to get back to that goofy novel I starts 6 years ago. Maybe I'll post a short excerpt.

Vicki Lane said...

Kay -- Maxine Kumin? As in THE Maxine Kumin? Oh my -- makes me want to tidy up things on the off chance she might stop by. I really admire her work.

I'd love to hear about this novel of yours!

And I'm really looking forward to the Sylva book fair -- always a pleasant day!