Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Sunday Stroll in Mid-July




But first, recently I missed two great photos so I'll just have to use words.

One -- As I was on my way into town I passed a modest little frame house, set back a bit from the road with a prospering garden on either side. Along the edge of the small front porch marched a row of institutional size tin cans, some with the labels still visible. Each can held a blooming red or yellow flower and the lady of the house with her blue plastic watering can was tending to them. A lovely country scene.

Two -- In the parking lot of the Fresh Market in Asheville, where I went to splurge on ingredients for Ethan's feast, I was shocked to see a white Cadillac with no driver coming toward me -- very slowly. I had time to get out of the way and as it passed, I saw a tiny old lady, hidden behind the steering wheel.

Three --to go to a web album for a Sunday stroll, click here. Happy Sunday!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Pat in east TN said...

What a wonderful, refreshing walk. Thank you for sharing!

As for the Fresh Market, I've seen that also and it's really kind of scary. Eeeeek!

Tammy said...

Thanks for the lovely stroll! So much beauty when we open our eyes. I was just thinking that I needed to tear down the Virginia Creeper that has crept across my window too---but it is so lovely...maybe later.
Tammy

Vicki Lane said...

Pat, when I was growing up in Tampa we used occasionally to go across the bay to St. Petersburg which, back in the Fifties, was mainly inhabited by retirees and the traffic had a large proportion of (seemingly) driverless Nash Ramblers.

Tammy, I just love the looks of the Va. Creeper with the light coming through the leaves. I also really like the angularity of the vine itself-- something I'd not noticed before.

Tess Kincaid said...

The white Cadillac made me smile! Hope you're enjoying your Sunday!

Susan T. said...

OK Vicki.............prepare yourself for some praise! I could SEE what you saw without any photo needed. Just the words you used and how you put them together. Boy am I glad you got into the writing business!

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Hi Vicki, I enjoyed the stroll with you,I imagined the little woman, she may look a little like me (I am five foot tall and look tiny when I drive the Land Rover), I like your album, great idea. I have awarded you on Margie's Crafts. Hugs, Margie.

Vicki Lane said...

Willow, it's been a lovely Sunday -- in the garden this morning and getting ready for and having my son's birthday dinner this afternoon and evening.

Thank you, Susan -- I was wishing I could have gotten those pics when I reminded myself that I could indeed just describe the scenes.

Ha, Margie! if ever I'm in your part of the world, I'll be on the lookout for the 'driverless' Land Rover.

Victoria said...

Vicki, what a beautiful Sunday stroll. And I love your descriptions; they make a painting in my mind of what you are seeing. You really don't need photos...but I love those, too, so keep 'em coming!

Reader Wil said...

What a wonderful idea to invite us on this walk! Thank you so much!. Thanks also for your visit and your poetical comment! Have a great week.

Vicki Lane said...

Victoria, the lady on the porch would have been a lovely painting. (The lady in the Cadillac was just scary.)

Reader Wil -- Glad you enjoyed the stroll -- I always enjoys going with you on your walks!