Saturday, June 8, 2013

And More . . .


Quick shots from here and there at the Folk School. . .

It's our last day and I let class out early so we could visit some of the other studios.

And wander around the beautiful campus.
 
 Little touches of craft show up everywhere. . .

I love this sunburst in the rock wall. . .

Nature keeps trying to steal the show.

This quilt was in a glass case -- not ideal for photography but I love the colors so!

I'll have more pictures of this old double-pen cabin (with dog trot) another day. . .

Busy blacksmiths' work is everywhere . . .

As is that of busy landscapers . . .
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Ms. A said...

Gorgeous scenery, Vicki!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

The Folk School is a great place for photography and you really got some good shots. Maybe you are going to peek in that interesting log cabin? I hope so. I've always wanted to see inside.
Sam

jennyfreckles said...

It looks a stunning place - such attention to detail. To see a place so cared for makes my heart sing.

Brian Miller said...

oo nice...i like the sunburst in the wall too...and hte colors in those quilts....

nidynoddy said...

We enjoyed each of our 4 sessions at JCFS. It always amazed me at the quality of work done by beginners in each workshop...outstanding instructors. Our last visit there we were invited to Vic Breedlove's home and studio. He is about the last of the original Brasstown Carvers. What a treasure that man is. We are looking forward to a return workshop soon.

Frances said...

Vicki, thank you for these additional photos of the Folk School. It seems to be a very interesting place with a fine way of combining old and new approaches to folk art.

The sunburst stone wall and the blacksmith creations particularly struck my eye. Of course, those quilts are also rather amazing, and the nature...well, that's definitely the big show.

xo

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a small number of your articles
as long as I provide credit and sources returning to your weblog: http://www.
blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=764237570467034909&postID=2088720387585538513.
Please let me know if this is okay with you. Thanks alot :)

For more specifics check out my website page on Mozambique safari

katy gilmore said...

Well you could go on that Mozambique safari - but better stay where you are. What a beautiful, interesting looking place!