Sunday, July 3, 2016

Early Morning Moon



A high thin sliver of moon accompanied the dawn on Friday morning . . .


And my thoughts turned to a book my mother read to me when I was very young.


Wait Till the Moon Is Full  is one of the few books from my childhood that I don't still have. (Note to self:Find a copy)


The charming words and pictures tell of a raccoon family that lives in a hollow tree. The little ones want to go out at night as their mother does but she keeps telling them they must wait till the moon is full.


I seem to remember a description of a moon "as thin as a raccoon's whisker. . . "

Which was my first thought on seeing Friday morning's moon.



5 comments:

Ms. A said...

That's such a tiny sliver it barely shows, but what does show is bright.

Carol Crump Bryner said...

I don't think I have seen this book. Will have to get it for my grandchildren. One of our favorite books when my own children were little, especially my daughter, was "The Little Fur Family." She still reads it to her own children every night. The illustrations are so wonderful. And I love the tiny sliver of a moon.

L. D. said...

I bet the book is out there. I like you sliver of a moon. I bet that is why I couldn't find the moon last night while I was walking the dog.

Juliet said...

Vicki, that sounds like a charming book. I must see if I can find it. I love that first sighting of a new moon.

Jime said...

A sliver of a Moonglow. Hope you find the book