Wednesday, May 3, 2017

The House on Raven Rock



Yesterday my friend Louise and I went to visit Elizabeth in Waynesville. We took the winding scenic route through Hot Springs and Trust and Luck. I'll post pictures from that tomorrow.

We were both in awe of the charm and beauty of Elizabeth's home, not to mention the view.  The little cabin seems to float above the tree tops.


It was a basic summer cabin but Elizabeth took it in hand and has turned the interior into a wonderful place to be . . .


It's filled with light and art and there's even a place for one's cello. (I was so impressed when I learned Elizabeth is taking lessons. She played us a piece and the way the instrument resonated in that high-ceilinged room was magical.) 


The perfect kitchen produced a delicious lunch of posole, empanadas, salad, and molasses cake topped with whipped cream, lemon zest and candied ginger. (Don't hate her because she's so talented...)


I am in love with Elizabeth's house and amazed that she wants to sell it -- even as I encourage her to move over to our neck of the woods. 

Maybe there's someone reading this blog who is considering relocating. If you want to see more and better pictures, check  out the realtor's link HERE.








6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

That look beyond basic to me.Impressive.

Thérèse said...

How charming!
Elizabeth knows for sure how to live life and how to receive friends.

Barbara Rogers said...

Beautiful home...sounds like a great trip all in all, weather was wonderful yesterday, if a bit windy! PS I write comments on your blog rather than FB so I don't get a notice each time someone else likes or says something. FB just doesn't have enough sense to know I want only some notifications and not others!

Frances said...

Vicki, your friend's home is very beautiful, as is its setting! Something to dream about.

(That lunch also sounds amazing!) xo

NCmountainwoman said...

Oh, I love it! Interestingly enough, when we were looking for retirement places, we bought three lots together in Plott Creek and planned to build there or hold them for an investment. We learned a bit more about how much snow there was at that elevation so we sold the lots and built here. Had our fill of snow in WI.

It is such a lovely cabin. I especially love the light.

Darla said...

Sending your friend much luck in selling her gorgeous home; spectacular place! And I'm intrigued by how she is learning to play the cello -- that's not an instrument I would have thought of to learn later in life, though I do love its sound.